Old May 5th 06, 03:34 AM
notyeti notyeti is offline
Junior Member

Location: Indoors!

Thanks Tom,

I do have almost as many splitters and amps as receivers. You call them scanner receivers, but since some of them are computer controlled, they ultimately are good for all kinds of natural sampling experiments. So as you suggest, I'll start with the most simple arrangement and work backward until the receivers start to work well per experiment. I have done electronics, device, and ac/dc circuit analysis before, but nothing in radio frequency space. I knew there was a plan! Thanks Tom.

I worked with nws/asos equipment once and so want to build a hobby "instrument" that could record anything, space weather wise, in the radio frequency realm, that might -or not- wash over the city and trigger health problems. It would systematically record as "large a signal" then as regular weather observations detect with traditional instruments and from a fixed position.

A big smile,
notyeti