Old May 6th 06, 02:07 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave,rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Michael A. Terrell

Default added 10 nF to my 1500-700Khz ant loop: -- Result: i'm into LW216khz !

K7ITM wrote:

I think he means to buy some fixed caps in the range 1-50nF, not a
1-50nF variable. (Though in this forum, maybe he does mean the
variable!) The fixed caps could make some sense. Maybe put them on
dual stackable banana plugs, and plug together whatever value is
desired.

You could use a solid state analog mux IC to switch capacitors at
those frequencies. Maxim, Analog Devices and others make a wide
selection of these chips.

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell