Old May 6th 06, 08:16 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave,rec.radio.amateur.antenna
switcher

Default added 10 nF to my 1500-700Khz ant loop: -- Result: i'm into LW 216khz !

In article ,
switcher wrote:

That's what I did, 10nF added to the loop- var cap setup, and now I see
that RMC INfo on 216 comes in with sig 9... (without loop: about 1).

Strange thing is that with var cap + 10nF the loop only tunes between
say 207 and 225 khz, while on AM (without the 10nF), it tunes 1 MHz wide
..

Of course, now I can add more turns to the loop.

The loop is 2 x 3 meter of PVC tube, bended in a circle.
There are now 3 turns. Guess ... how many turns to have the LW
153-279khz ???

picture of a previous version , large (2 m) and small 83 cm hulahoop

http://users.fulladsl.be/spb13810/oc/IMAG0015.JPG

The way I construct the hulahoop now, so that it "keeps head up":
http://users.fulladsl.be/spb13810/amloop/loopbottom.jpg
http://users.fulladsl.be/spb13810/amloop/loop83cm.jpg
http://users.fulladsl.be/spb13810/am...oopbottom2.jpg
(when the box is closed, you can put a radio on it, nicely positioned
inside the loop)

these formumla's say:
http://www.mindspring.com/~loop_ante...r_emc_calc.htm

some 15 turns... on a 2m diam loop ...

I know about the computer flat cable trick...

(I put the first formula in cm (100 cm = 1 meter) on
http://users.fulladsl.be/spb13810/amloop.htm
)

--
een appeltje te schillen met http://applefaulty.be