Old May 6th 06, 04:15 PM
Reloader Reloader is offline
Junior Member

Location: East Texas
Thumbs up

I used flat twin-lead TV line to a 70'random wire and with a ground to a groung rod. worked OK for a beginner and a beginner's radio. Prone to overload.

QUOTE=David]On 5 May 2006 13:25:03 -0700, wrote:

Hi Lisa, when I had a DX 160, I used a simple 75' wire. Even copper
speaker wire will work. As for the PL259, I'm not sure, but I think
other people on this group will know.
Fred Burgess
Lisa Simpson wrote:
Got my DX-160 today, just discovered it doesn't have the same antenna
hook-up's as the DX-394 & the DX-302 have; can anyone tell me what type of
antenna (preferably homemade) I should attach to it until I obtain another
outdoor antenna for it (or at the very least figure out a way to connect my
Eavesdropper with a feed line that has a PL259 connector)?

Alligator clip lead.[/quote]