Old May 7th 06, 03:22 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna,rec.radio.amateur.equipment,rec.radio.amateur.misc,rec.radio.amateur.policy
Dan Richardson

Default Elimination of CW is the only way we can make it fair

On Sun, 07 May 2006 06:20:02 -0700, Bill Turner
wrote:

Complete nonsense. CW testing is being phased out because CW is
becoming obsolete, period. Don't try to read anything more into it
than that.

With all the great new digital modes available - most of which are far
superior to CW - forcing people to waste valuable hours learning an
obsolete mode is sheer folly. There are so many great things to do
with Amateur Radio. Do them!

Quite correct Bill. Commercial and military have dropped Morse code
for the very reasons you stated.

In this day and age, requiring proficiency in Morse code for a radio
license would be as requiring proficiency in horse husbandry in order
to get a driver's license.

Danny, K6MHE

In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one
useless man is a shame, two is a law firm, and three
or more is a congress. - John Adams

email: k6mheatarrldotnet
http://www.k6mhe.com/