Old May 7th 06, 08:18 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Me

Default HF Mobile - Grounding Antenna when stationary

In article 1146965914.944527@teuthos, "OZUser"
wrote:

As an avid 4WD SUV owner I do a lot of outback travelling (Austrlian
Deserts, Cape York, Kimberly Coast) and as such have a Barrett 950 HFradio
&Barrett 910 Autotune antenna installed for comms.

Would it be preferable when camped / stationary to earth the vehile to a
"ground" ground = what I am looking for is a better receive signal ?????

Ever thought about using a Ballon or Kite Antenna? Very Good for open
areas, and excellent for MF and HF Portable operations.

Me