Old May 8th 06, 07:17 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave,rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Telamon

Default If Amloop is LC circuit, what about RLC circuit ??

In article ,
switcher wrote:

In article

,

Telamon wrote:

It depends on what you want. Maybe the bandwidth is to narrow or
the tuning action is so sharp it is hard to peak it. You add
resistance and the peak does go down but the bandwidth also widens.

I was already thinking: if DRM is 12khz wide (am I right ?), then it
might be a tuned loop is too narrow ??

So an R might help ???

If the tuned loop bandwidth is to narrow then you can deliberately
spoil the Q of the loop by adding resistance and broaden the bandwidth.

I have not calculated it but I expect a LC loop operating in the MHz
range would have a bandwidth greater than 12 KHz so I do not expect you
will have a problem.

--
Telamon
Ventura, California