Old May 8th 06, 01:33 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave,rec.radio.amateur.antenna
switcher

Default AM/MW Loop Antenna - Inductive Coupling -vice- Resistor Spoiler

In article . com,
"RHF" wrote:

AM/MW LOOP ANTENNA COUPLING :
* The Coil of the external AM/MW Loop Antenna
is an Inductor {RF Transformer Coil}
* The Coil of the Radio's internal AM/MW Antenna
is an Inductor {RF Transformer Coil}
* Together the Two Coils form an RF Transformer
Moving the Two Coils and changing their relationship
to each other varies the "Coupling" between them.

Nice reasoning, but:

When coil A - ant has 5 turns, and coil B - radio has 5 turns, the
voltage (or so) is the same.

When we now double A / or B, the voltage should vary for the same
amount, I learned.... so you can make the sig higher ???

In my physics book (Halliday/Resnick Fundamentals of Physics), p 445 -
transformers it says:
N1 / V1 = N2 / V2

would it be possible to double the number of turns on B (which is
sometimes easier ... space requirements) ??? That would lead to double
V2 and higher sig ... ???

Of course, problem remains ... resonance. You can't add tunrs to A, or
you loose resonance ... Adding turns to A means .. making it smaller
.... to have the same resonance properties ...

--
een appeltje te schillen met http://applefaulty.be
http://users.fulladsl.be/spb13810/bwnl.htm