Old May 9th 06, 04:32 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew
Tom Holden

Default RS-232 Rf module

"ayman" wrote in message
oups.com...
hi,
I am working on an FPGA project.
It is a CDMA-based point-to-point communication system; two FPGAs each
works as a transceiver.
The final stage of the project is to send the data via the serial port
(RS-232) to an RF module.
Can any one support me a low-cost, serial (RS-232) Rf module capable of
managing data rates up to 1.25 Mb/s and working reliably within
buildings giving a suitable range ( 10 meters).

Pretty demanding requirement. RS-232 at 1.25 Mb/s? I thought RS-232 topped
out at 115200 or 230400 bps? That's the max you'll see for commercial RS-232
RF Modems, e.g., http://www.maxstream.net/, and they list in the low
$hundreds per end.

Another approach is to use a serial device server,
http://www.neteon.net/cat.aspx?clvl=3&c1=1&c2=3&c3=13, connected to a Wi-Fi
network. Similar caps on serial speed, although one model claims 921.6 kbps
max, the SSE-100.

Tom