Old October 9th 04, 06:13 AM
Peter Dougherty

(Peter Lemken) said :

Peter Dougherty wrote:
Hi guys,

Does anybody know if there's a software package out there which
supports sending DX alerts as pages or TXT messages? I'm not thinking
about a piece of logging software with an alert module built in, but
rather a stand-alone app of some nature. Any ideas?

telnet + cat + grep

And the answer for those who don't speak *NIX would be...g? In any
event, that essentially just culls the spots. It's the passing of
needed spots to a TXT or SMTP gateway that's the real trick. If I knew
how to code this, and was even remotely interested in
Linux/Unix/BSD/etc, I probably would have done so already.

73 de Peter, W2IRT
(ex-AB2NZ, VE3THX)

Please reply to Double-you Two Eye Are Tee at Arrl.net