Old May 10th 06, 04:13 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
bpnjensen

Default Common Mode noise reduction

My only opinion about this link regards the realization that while I
thought I was going a little overboard with the feritte for comon mode
noise suppresion, I see I have to add a lot more to even approach 1K
impedance! I have ripped out my entire radio room and intend "to do it
right" this time.

http://www.yccc.org/Articles/W1HIS/C...S2006Apr06.pdf

Well! This certainly levels a well-placed karate chop at the concept
of one-at-a-time ferrite beads, cores and chokes, doesn't it? It
appears that outfitting one's radio gear with enough of these things
could easily exceed the cost of the radio, antenna and monthly electric
bills for 10 years!

OTOH, for us guys (and I mean that in the NY/Chicago sense of the word,
where girls and boys are all "guys") that live in the city, it may be
our last best hope.

Bruce Jensen