Old May 11th 06, 04:14 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
craigm

Default Fixed Loop On-a-Roof - Great for Monitoring that Hard-to-Get AM/MW Radio Station

Telamon wrote:

In article .com,
"BCBlazysusan" wrote:

Interesting. I had often wondered about that subject but I was to lazy
to google it. So you would have to tune the loop (going outside) for
every station you wanted to hear? That doesn't sound any good to me.

Can't you tune the loop from inside? It wouldn't make any sense if you
couldn't. {?}

Some loops are designed to be tuned remotely but I don't know of a
commercial one you could buy. On scheme is to send a DC voltage down
the coax to the remote antenna that varies the capacitance of a
variactor diode to tune the antenna.

I believe this is one
http://www.ccrane.com/antennas/am-an...m-antenna.aspx

craigm