Old May 11th 06, 02:39 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Frank

Default question: NEC2 w/ ground parms.

"Arie" wrote in message
oups.com...

rjtucke wrote:

Per emailed request, here is my deck:

etc...

Took a short look at your data. Did not have any (GN) difficulties
running it. (btw the negative GN value is used when running the model
using a freq-loop/sweep). However it showed up you model is largely
unreliable due to the large segment length differences at the end of
you 'dipole'. When running an average-gain test you will also notice a
value of 0.35, indicating a largely unreliable model.

Arie.

SIG zero is new to me, but I see it is mentioned in the NEC users
manual. Segmenting tags 1, 2, & 3 at 201 fixes the Average
gain test. Not sure if you can apply segment length tapering to speed up
the program.

Interesting design: VSWR 2.5:1 over 1 MHz, Zin nominal 600 ohms,
fr ~ 6.8 MHz.

Frank