Old May 11th 06, 09:43 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew
w2aew

Default TCXO Substitution?

wrote:
I have been searching for a Kenwood SO-1 temperature compensated
crystal oscillator for the last 4 years. When I did find them (eBay),
they went for a fortune because I must not be the only looking for one.
I believe the SO-1 runs at 20Mhz...are there other units that could be
substituted? I believe the Kenwood SO-2, with also runs at 20Mhz, is
still available. Can the SO-2 be wired in place of the SO-1? Or is
there more to it than that?

Thanks,
Scott, WU2X

Scott, the SO-2 runs at 10MHz, so it wouldn't be a substitute for the
SO-1 (if the SO-1 is 20MHz).