Old May 11th 06, 04:49 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Radio TexMex

Default The Shortwave Antenna used determines the type of Matching Transformer

David wrote:

On 11 May 2006 00:47:27 -0700, "RHF"
wrote:

BT,

The Shortwave (SW) Antenna used determines the type
of Matching Transformer you will want to use with it.

The type of Shortwave Listening (SWL) Antenna that
you are using will help in determining the type of
Matching Transformer that you would wish to use :
Plus the Range of Frequencies that you wish to cover
with the SWL Antenna and Matching Transformer.

SINGLE (1) WIRE ANTENNAS :
For many forms of Longwire {Random Wire} Antennas
Horizontal, Inverted "L" or Sloper used for 500
kHz to 30 MHz a 9:1 Matching Transformer is often
recommended. These are single (1) Wire Antennas
that Require a Ground to complete the other half
of the Antenna-to-Ground System.

TWO (21) WIRE ANTENNAS :
For many forms of Dipole {type} Antennas : Dipole
Windom, Inverted "V" and other "Balanced" Antennas
being used for 500 kHz to 30 MHz a 4:1 Matching
Transformer is often recommended. These are Two (2)
Wire Antennas that do not require a Ground to complete
the other half of the Antenna-to-Ground System.

All antennas are dipoles.

Dude. Why do you run your mouth like that. Are you *absolutely* *positively*
sure that all antennas are dipoles? Tell me how my longwire antenna I use
is a dipole.

Thanks in advance!!!

- Matt