Old May 12th 06, 08:39 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.equipment
Travis Jordan

Default Seems some folks don't like ham radio towers.

GregS wrote:
This looks like one of those communities you can't do much of
anything.
Why did he move there???

I haven't been able to find the covenants for the LakeRidge subdivision
in Lubbock online, but unless the restrictions really prohibit antennas
(and I doubt they do, the developer's comments notwithstanding) then the
ham was well within his rights to install whatever size antenna he
likes.

OTOH if the restrictions really do prohibit antennas then the ham would
have to have agreed to them at closing, and the antenna would be illegal
vis-a-vis his contract for sale. I don't think this is the case since
any casual reader of the FCC ruling (PRB-1) would know that.