Old May 12th 06, 09:44 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.misc,rec.radio.amateur.policy
Krystal Klear

Default 30 Steps, reposted for new hams and those that didn't do well on their writtens.

Jack Hamilton wrote in
:

Slow Code wrote:

Step Five: The better the copy on two meter FM, the more you should use
phonetics. Names should be especially used if they are short or common
ones. I.E. "My name is Al... Alpha Lima" or "Jack.. Juliet Alpha Charlie
Kilo." If at all possible use the less common HF phonetics "A4SM...
America, Number Four, Sugar Mexico." And for maximum "LID points", make
up unintelligible phonetics. "My name is Bob... Billibong Oregano
Bumperpool."

I prefer the "silent letter" approach - instead of Kilo Delta 6 Tango
Papa MIke, use Knife Djakarta 6 Tchaikovsky Pneumatic Mnemonic.

For extra points, use Knight instead of Knife.

Jack Hamilton

LOL, Nice.

sc