Old May 12th 06, 05:12 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy

Default Total meltdown?

Well Old Friend,

I'm not sure I understand what you mean... You doubt that moderation
could help or you think it's just too far gone?

I think that a lot of the objectionable material that is obviously off
topic and the flame wars that have grown up around such junk as you
indicate would be *easy* to moderate away without giving up any freedom
to debate all sides of the issues.

You can disagree without being disagreeable... One only has to respect
the other guy, no matter how much you disagree with them. For example,
you may think that somebody doesn't know anything about the topic they
are making statements about, but you don't need to call him stupid to
debate the issues. You can just start bringing up the *facts* you
think they missed and ask for their thoughts on them.

I think you and I have had such discussions without having to resort to
a name calling flame war.. It can be done.

-= bob =-