Old May 12th 06, 04:29 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
David

Default The Shortwave Antenna used determines the type of Matching Transformer

On Fri, 12 May 2006 12:38:50 GMT, Bob Miller
wrote:

On Fri, 12 May 2006 12:25:03 GMT, David wrote:

On Thu, 11 May 2006 10:49:12 -0500, Radio TexMex
wrote:

David wrote:

All antennas are dipoles.

Dude. Why do you run your mouth like that. Are you *absolutely* *positively*
sure that all antennas are dipoles? Tell me how my longwire antenna I use
is a dipole.

Thanks in advance!!!

- Matt

All antennas sense a difference of potential between energy in a field
and a mass not part of said field.

on the other hand, not all dipoles are called dipoles; hence monopole.

bob
k5qwg

So what is an antenna that is split in the middle with half of it
grounded? What is an antenna that is balanced all the way into the
radio, like on the real input to an R-390A?

I think ''balanced'' and ''unbalanced'' and ''loop'' are the basic
kinds of antennas and that mono and di pole are sloppy terms.