Old May 13th 06, 12:48 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.equipment
Dick

Default Seems some folks don't like ham radio towers.

On Fri, 12 May 2006 12:32:18 -0400, JJ
wrote:

Hi all, click on the link below or copy and paste it in your browsers
"go to" area.
Seems some folks don't like ham radio towers.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aC_EeWSKJII

73

They may sing a different tune when it is their hind-end that needs
help in an emergency. Although I think if I were him I would put up a
smaller beam just to be a little more considerate of the type of
neighborhood he is in.

I knew the neighbors didn't really like my tower and antennas, and I
recently took the tri-band beam down because I was going to
concentrate on 40 & 80 during the sunspot low. I may put it up again
one day, but for now I think they appreciate having just the 2-meter
beam on the tower. Of course I don't live in an area like that ham.
If I did, I probably wouldn't put up a tower in the first place.
Different strokes for different folks.