Old October 25th 04, 10:49 PM
G. Doughty

Excellent. I think I may try the vhf route. I have an extra ht so maybe
that will work. If not, I will run the cable up the stairs. Two babies in
the house though. I don't get on the air that much but when I do, I like to
cw dx if the propagation is right. Thanks for the suggestions.

73
Greg
ki4bbl

"Keyboard In The Wilderness" wrote in message
I have hi speed cable and I bought a router and connected my two computers
(upstairs and downstairs) via a run of lan line.

Another solution is to connect to a local VHF Packet Cluster. Check with
DXers in your area for a VHF packet cluster in your area.
U will need a VHF radio, a TNC, and a dumb terminal or computer.
Computer speed is not important for either method and any of the older

desk
or laptops will work fine.

--
The Anon Keyboard
I doubt, therefore I might be

"G. Doughty" wrote in message
Thank you, however, I do not have internet access upstairs. Only a

phone
line. Is there a way to access via phone or is that too much to ask? I
don't have aol or anything, just broadband in one spot in the house and

my
shack is upstairs.

Thanks again
Greg
ki4bbl

"Keyboard In The Wilderness" wrote in message
Telnet connections can be found at URL:

http://www.cpcug.org/user/wfeidt/Misc/cluster.html

10M is pretty grim now as we are on the down slide of the solar

cycle --
but
some openings are still occurring as you will see when you connect to a
packet cluster via telnet.

--
The Anon Keyboard
I doubt, therefore I might be