Old May 13th 06, 06:16 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Default FIGHT! FIGHT! FIGHT!

Cecil wrote:
This is just one more example of the dumbing down of amateur radio

accompanying the dumbing down of the US educational system in
general. Unfortunately, it seems to be a trend that cannot be
reversed because it is the biased view being pushed by the ARRL
and its supporters.

Hmmm...not sure I agree that the folks at ARRL are deliberately being
dumb (or maybe I just misunderstood you). Seems more unintentional to
me. After all, the technical editor of QEX let publish that bizarre
article that claimed to prove by math that phasing SSB receivers were
not possible. Can''t imagine a political motivation for that though I
have to wonder bigtime how that one got by. QEX really really needs
for some good peer review.

Ah, to have Ham Radio magazine back again. Loved that thing. Learned
most of my radio from it.

73,
Glenn AC7ZN