Old May 13th 06, 07:33 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Reg Edwards

Default "Symmetrical double-L matchbox tuner"

I can't understand the aversion to simple, 2-wire, choke baluns
instead of complicated (can be lossy), awkward to adjust, narrow-band,
balanced-to-unbalanced tuners.

Praps it's because it is how a broad-band choke balun works is not
understood. Yet it is childishly simple.

Some people are happy only when tormenting themselves in their hobby
of amateur radio. I suppose the more difficult it is to tune up the
greater the satisfaction to be obtained in accomplishment.

There's no accounting for human idiosyncracies. Everybody please carry
on enjoying yourselves as normal.
----
Reg.