Old May 13th 06, 06:53 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors
Chris Suslowicz

Default Tube tester

In article ,
Chuck Harris wrote:

Jump'n Jack Flash wrote:
I am looking to buy a heathkit tube tester.

Did you want the Heathkit for a collection, or to use?

The reason I ask, is the Heathkit is an emissions tester, and as a result,
doesn't actually test anything but the cathode of the tube, and to check for
shorts.

Any of the Hickok machines would be a much better choice. They are all dynamic
mutual conductance (Gm) testers... (But then, with a used Heathkit, you do get
the added advantage of having a unit that was soldered by a hobbyist;-)

So *that* explains the high prices of the unbuilt Heathkit projects on eBay!

Truly things /are/ stranger than we can imagine.

8-)

Chris.