Old May 13th 06, 10:07 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
EA3FYA - Toni

Default FIGHT! FIGHT! FIGHT!

En/na Dave ha escrit:
... Come on, just a little fight???

Just a question about coax cables:

I know that a coax cable does not radiate (if common mode currents
properly suppressed) because both conductors are apparently "in the same
place" (wouldn't know how to express it in more technical terms).

Now the question is: This is true for big distances from the coax, but
is it also true when you get very close to the coax? Imagine a conductor
taped to the outside of a coax for some meters. The capacitive coupling
to the braid is much higher than the coupling to the inner conductor.
Would it pick some of the current in the coax. If not, why not?

(apart from fun I'm really interested in the answer as I'm not quite
sure if a coax running parallel to unshielded and not twisted computer
cables would pick harmonics from it on RX or create interferences on TX)

--
Toni