Old May 15th 06, 04:26 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Dave Oldridge

Default 100 Ohm Twin Lead

Cecil Moore wrote in news:x0N9g.86749$dW3.29542
@newssvr21.news.prodigy.com:

Dave wrote:
Sonny, the feedline cannot and does not have any influence on the
resonance of an antenna. Resonance is determined by the physical
dimensions of the antenna itself.

Feedline length has every influence on the resonance of
an antenna system if the SWR is not 1:1.

Why is a G5RV resonant on 3.7 MHz when a 102 foot dipole
is resonant on 4.6 MHz?

Truth is that the feedline can be used to resonate the
antenna system. I resonate my 130 ft. dipole on any HF
band by varying the length of the feedline. Check it out
at: http://www.qsl.net/w5dxp/notuner.htm

All true, but there isn't much difference between a G5RV and a 102 foot
dipole fed with 450 ohm line to a good balanced tuner.

Back years ago I had a very effective vee dipole antenna for 80m that was
composed of two identical wires from the top of my third story shack
window insulated and tied off to trees and shrubbery. I fed it with
home-made 600 ohm line, about six feet long and tapped it directly off
the tank coil of my amplifier. It was LOUD all over the Pacific, South
America, audible in Africa, but for some reason, nothing from Europe!

--
Dave Oldridge+
ICQ 1800667