Old May 10th 06, 06:36 AM posted to rec.radio.cb
Peter

Default SuperStar 3900 frequencies?

"Suun Yee Fong" wrote...

Why on car radio and home stereo, me push AM, me get one set of frequency,
and then when push FM, me get another set of frequency?

Me not know why. Me not understand.

I get the impression that this may have been a Troll post, but it really is a valid point.

It is far too common to refer to a broadcast band by the modulation method used rather than the
band of frequencies used. Here in the UK we refer to those radio broadcast bands as "MW"
(Medium Wave) and "VHF" (Very High Frequency). These bands are also commonly referred to as
"AM" and "FM" simply because the MW band uses Amplitude Modulation and the VHF band uses
Frequency Modulation.
We also have a band called "LW" (Long Wave), which also uses AM.

Regards,

Peter.