Old May 15th 06, 05:27 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Stephanie Weil

Default AMERICA AND STATE-RUN DRM "PUBLIC" RADIO SHORTWAVE BROADCASTING

Quote:
You mean the 12 MHz, 13MHz and 15 MHz etc. bands, don't you?
Nobody
(except a few dinosaurs) uses the old wavelength designations.
Uhhh *raises hands* All my analog-tuned shortwave radios are still
calibrated in Meters - even the new ones.

Makes tuning much easier when someone says "such and such freq. on the
31 meter band" - spin the knob to 31, rock the fine-tuning knob back
and forth. Bingo. Station tuned in.

That's how I spent most of my misguided childhood.

And then my uncle loaned and later gave me his Transoceanic with
band-spread, figuring I could get much more enjoyment out of it. Now
THAT was bliss!

And the wave band switch was still calibrated in meters! So THERE.
*Pffbbttt*

--
Stephanie Weil
New York City