Old May 16th 06, 01:46 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Telamon

Default Radio Japan bends my needle!

In article .com,
"John S." wrote:

For me Radio Australia is one of those broadcasts that is an easy
catch, but still exciting when the distances are considered. And they
have some decent programming as well.

Jim Hackett wrote:
It is like that here too with Radio Australia. Funny how some things are
equal across the coasts and others are not. I could probably count the
number of pirates I've heard in the last 5 years on one hand. Of course,
they're all from back there towards the east coast...

"John S." wrote in message
oups.com...

Jim Hackett wrote:
Lousy Radio Japan. They owe me a new signal strength meter. They are
blasting in here to San Jose so strong on 9505, I can pick them up on my
1103 with the whip collapsed. Who said propagation was "sucky"?

Time
15:30

At times on the east coast Radio Australia is so strong in the morning
that any cheap portable with the antanna collapsed will catch them.

Australia can be easy or hard depending on time of day and frequency.

My location on the west coast usually means Radio Japan has a very good
signal unless the propagation is kinda um... sucky.

--
Telamon
Ventura, California