Old May 16th 06, 02:02 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default What happened to the Christian Science Monitor stations?

If you search around the FCC website, you can often find filings from
stations that no longer are licensed. That is, the FCC maintains the
old correspondence. I often find the records for companies that are
still operating but don't bother to stay licensed.

I liked Monitor Radio. I know zip about the Christian Scientists, but I
thought their news was more fair and balanced than you know who!

Stephanie Weil wrote:
I know the network shut down in 1997. But what happened to the SW
stations that carried Monitor Radio? Who bought them?

Also, what were the old call letters - damned if I can remember - if
these stations' new owners changed call signs?

Thanks

Stephanie Weil
New York City, NY