Old November 9th 04, 06:36 AM
nitespark

Peter Dougherty wrote:

Hi guys,

In the next 8 months or so my XYL and I will be moving out of NYC into
our own place, hopefully in Fairfield Co. CT or in Westchester County,
NY.

I'm now about 1/2 a mile away from 50kW worth of 1560 "Radio Disney"
in Maspeth, Queens, and I want to ensure I don't wind up close to
another boradcast transmitter after the move. I enjoy operating 80M,
and I would like to try 160 if I can get enough real estate to make it
happen, but being close to that much MW Broadcast RF again isn't
something I want to contemplate.

Is there a resource somewhere on the Web that will allow me to find AM
transmitter sites (by geographc region) easily enough? Sure, they
should be self-evident when in the immediate area, but I don't want to
find any last-minute surprises either.

Thanks in advance.

73 de Peter, W2IRT
(ex-AB2NZ, VE3THX)

Please reply to Double-you Two Eye Are Tee at Arrl.net

Try this website-

http://www.radio-locator.com/

Andy
WD4KDN

--
"I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying that I
approved of it."