Old November 9th 04, 06:47 AM
Gary S.

On 9 Nov 2004 01:53:04 GMT, Peter Dougherty
wrote:

In the next 8 months or so my XYL and I will be moving out of NYC into
our own place, hopefully in Fairfield Co. CT or in Westchester County,
NY.

I'm now about 1/2 a mile away from 50kW worth of 1560 "Radio Disney"
in Maspeth, Queens, and I want to ensure I don't wind up close to
another boradcast transmitter after the move. I enjoy operating 80M,
and I would like to try 160 if I can get enough real estate to make it
happen, but being close to that much MW Broadcast RF again isn't
something I want to contemplate.

Is there a resource somewhere on the Web that will allow me to find AM
transmitter sites (by geographc region) easily enough? Sure, they
should be self-evident when in the immediate area, but I don't want to
find any last-minute surprises either.

I recall seeing something on the FCC website. Too tired now to look
for it.

Also worth checking with aviation maps or the FAA, as any tower above
a certain number of feet has to be approved by them as well.

Happy trails,
Gary (net.yogi.bear)

Gary D. Schwartz, Needham, MA, USA