Old May 16th 06, 09:36 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Default FIGHT? Here is another W8JI myth bone!

Cecil Moore wrote:
Yuri Blanarovich wrote:

"K7ITM" wrote:
It seems to me that when "W8JI" is associated with something, you
assume immediately that it is wrong.

That's what might seem to you, but I point out gross misinformation, when I
come across it.

What gets missed quite often in these discussions is that
everyone agrees on 99 44/100 percent of the technical issues
and we tend not to discuss those issues. We only discuss the
56/100 percent of the issues upon which we disagree.

Make no mistake about it, I disagree with everything Yuri has posted
about the physics behind a "shielded loop".

I certainly don't want to be considered to be 99% in agreement with
anyone who thinks a time-varying magnetic field can pass though a
highly conductive copper wall, or any wall that is several skin depths
thick, just as I don't want to be 99% in agreement with anyone who
thinks a loading coil "replaces" or has the phase shift or "current
drop" of missing electrical degrees.

The basic physical properties have to be understood before I'd be
largely in agreement. If basic building blocks are wrong, our idea of
how the worlds works must also be very distorted.

73 Tom