Old May 16th 06, 02:17 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Cecil Moore

Default FIGHT? Here is another W8JI myth bone!

wrote:
Cecil Moore wrote:
What gets missed quite often in these discussions is that
everyone agrees on 99 44/100 percent of the technical issues
and we tend not to discuss those issues. We only discuss the
56/100 percent of the issues upon which we disagree.

Make no mistake about it, I disagree with everything Yuri has posted
about the physics behind a "shielded loop".

That's part of the 56/100 percent of the issues upon which you
disagree.

... I don't want to be 99% in agreement with anyone who
thinks a loading coil "replaces" or has the phase shift or "current
drop" of missing electrical degrees.

Just proves that no individual is right 100% of the time. 75m
bugcatcher coils obey the laws of physics and thus suffer a
delay in the real world. Hint: Contrary to the lumped circuit
model, *everything* has a delay in the real world. The only place
coils don't have a delay is in your mind where miracles and
magic are possible.

The loading coil causes a phase shift in accordance with the
laws of physics. The stinger causes a phase shift in accordance
with the laws of physics. The impedance discontinuity between
the coil and stinger causes a phase shift in accordance with
the laws of physics. There are NO missing degrees.

When you comprehend how an electrical 1/4WL stub can be 19 degrees
of 450 ohm line plus 18 degrees of 50 ohm line and be physically
0.1 WL long, then you will have comprehended reality.
--
73, Cecil
http://www.qsl.net/w5dxp