Old November 10th 04, 03:43 PM
AlanDean

Peter,

Go to http://www.fccinfo.com/ and enter either the coordinates or location
of the center of your area of interest and search for AM stations within
however many kilometers you wish. This site downloads the FCC CDBS database
nightly and parses it in very user friendly fashion.

Regards,

Al

"Peter Dougherty" wrote in message
Hi guys,

In the next 8 months or so my XYL and I will be moving out of NYC into
our own place, hopefully in Fairfield Co. CT or in Westchester County,
NY.

I'm now about 1/2 a mile away from 50kW worth of 1560 "Radio Disney"
in Maspeth, Queens, and I want to ensure I don't wind up close to
another boradcast transmitter after the move. I enjoy operating 80M,
and I would like to try 160 if I can get enough real estate to make it
happen, but being close to that much MW Broadcast RF again isn't
something I want to contemplate.

Is there a resource somewhere on the Web that will allow me to find AM
transmitter sites (by geographc region) easily enough? Sure, they
should be self-evident when in the immediate area, but I don't want to
find any last-minute surprises either.

Thanks in advance.

73 de Peter, W2IRT
(ex-AB2NZ, VE3THX)

Please reply to Double-you Two Eye Are Tee at Arrl.net