Old November 10th 04, 05:13 PM
Peter Dougherty

nitespark said :

Try this website-

http://www.radio-locator.com/

Hi folks,

Thanks to one and all for the myraid of suggestions I've received
privately and here on Usenet. Very helpful, and I think I'm in pretty
good shape for now.

Walt, I had no idea how powerful the Broadcasters were in your part of
the world. That's positively insane, but it would explain why I was
able to hear so much on LF and MF when I was driving between Swansea
and London this summer.

Just out of curiousity, are there any "clear" frequencies, I guess the
equivalent of our Class A (??) stations - one powerhouse station for
the region and nothing else? I.E. something that has no competition
and can essentially be heard clearly at night everywhere in Europe
with no hetrodyne. On this side of the Atlantic there are a number of
such beasts, 770 and 880 in NYC, 650 in Atlanta, 700 in Cincinnatti,
760 in Detroit, 1120 in St. Louis and a bunch of others.

73 de Peter, W2IRT
(ex-AB2NZ, VE3THX)

Please reply to Double-you Two Eye Are Tee at Arrl.net