Old May 16th 06, 06:21 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Geoffrey S. Mendelson

Default End Fed Zepp Antenna

I was browsing the MFJ online catalog and saw an "End Fed Zepp" antenna.
It looks like it would fit nicely in the space I have. I'm in Israel,
so the hassle and expense of ordering ones make we want to try to build it.

I've seen some writeups on end fed zepps, which were a short wire on the
"ground" side and a longer wire on the "hot" side. The MFJ looks like
a long wire on the "hot" side and a matching network made from a piece
of 450 ohm ladder line.

It looks like the ladder line is hung from the center insulator and the
coax is connected to the middle (figuratively) of the ladder line. The long
wire is connected to the "hot" side and the "ground" side is not connected,
but used for an insulating support rope.

Anyone have any ideas, specs, or web page references?

Thanks,

Geoff.
IL Voice: (07)-7424-1667 IL Fax: 972-2-648-1443 U.S. Voice: 1-215-821-1838
Visit my 'blog at
http://geoffstechno.livejournal.com/