Old May 16th 06, 07:37 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Roy Lewallen

Default FIGHT? Here is another W8JI myth bone!

Yuri Blanarovich wrote:
. . .
Tom may pontificate his ideas to his worshippers, but I don't swallow that.
I point out my, and who else cares, disagreement, especially when I see his
"ideas" migrating into ham literature.
. . .

But Tom's explanation is correct. It's consistent with theory; alternate
explanations aren't. If you're really interested in learning how a
"shielded" loop works and won't accept Tom's explanation because it came
from Tom, you can find a similar explanation in a number of reputable
texts. I'll gladly provide references, if you ask before I leave for
Dayton. Once you gain an understanding of some basic electromagnetic
principles, the correctness of the explanation will be obvious.

Oh, and don't worry about Tom's ideas migrating into the literature.
They were already in the literature well before any of us were born.

Roy Lewallen, W7EL