Old May 16th 06, 04:53 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Stephanie Weil

Default AMERICA AND STATE-RUN DRM "PUBLIC" RADIO SHORTWAVE BROADCASTING

Telamon

Every time I used meter band indication I got complaints from other
posters on the news group. People wold rather you stated the frequency
so I post 15 MHz band instead of 19 meters

I guess it has to do with what you've gotten used to.

See, I grew up listening to SW stations on ghettoblaster (jam box)
radio/cassette units. So I got used to spinning the regular knob until
you reach the desired wave band, then diddling the fine-tuning knob to
zero in on the frequency.

And that's how I think. Meter band and then that particular frequency
within that band.

Stephanie