Old May 17th 06, 02:26 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default DX-160

Lisa Simpson wrote:
It's the bandspread dial part I can't get the hang of, and since I have
several other receivers, I really don't need the aggravation!

I had a DX-160 as my first upgrade from an old multi-band portable many
years ago. Except for the drift, it was actually a decent radio, but I
understand what you mean about the bandspread. If the bandspread dial
was for the international broadcast bands instead of the ham bands it
would've been very nice.

Later on I did get a radio which seemed similar except that it had a
bandspread that did have the broadcast frequencies as well as the ham
bands. It was an old tube receiver from National, the NC-190. Overall
I found it to be a better radio than the DX-160. I'm still kicking
myself for selling it. I believe that the NC-140 also had that
bandspread arrangement.