Old May 17th 06, 03:07 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
dxAce

Default Almost an Eton E10 Gloat !

dxAce wrote:

wrote:

John S. wrote:
wrote:
Stopped by RS today and they had the E10 on sale for $49.97. Just
as the article I posted about sleazy Eton/Grundig/Tecsun said, the
markup
on SW radios is incredible (E10 retails for $120). At $50, RS is STILL
making a profit !

Since you do not have access to Radio Shack cost information nor do you
know how direct and indirect overhead is allocated within the RS
system, what is the basis for this "fact".

I bought one (was going to buy two, to have one
new-in-the-box, forever), but when I got it home, the plastic display
cover had a blemish; of course, the RS salesman lied to me and said
that it was new-in-the-box - RS is just as sleazy as
Eton/Grundig/Tecsun !
Maybe it turned out for the best, because the tuning knob felt, as if
it was
goint to fall off, and the buttons were so small, as to be too
annoying.
Also, with the continued demise of SW, what in the Hell was I thinking
!

Assuming this really happened, which I seriously doubt. Is your idea
of entertainment stopping by a radio shack store to look over in great
detail and buy a radio that you thoroughly detest? You have odd ways
of keeping your self entertained. The welfare check must have come
today.

I've never heard of any senior software engineers, in the Intelligence
Community, having to take welfare.

Why would a senior software engineer, in the "Intelligence Community" buy what
they've already said was a bad piece of equipment to begin with?

Allow me to follow that up with an observation that you are perhaps a 'senior
'tard boy' in a 'group home community' who possesses very little 'intelligence'.

dxAce
Michigan
USA