Old May 17th 06, 04:11 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Telamon

Default AMERICA AND STATE-RUN DRM "PUBLIC" RADIO SHORTWAVE BROADCASTING

In article . com,
"Stephanie Weil" wrote:

Telamon

Every time I used meter band indication I got complaints from other
posters on the news group. People wold rather you stated the frequency
so I post 15 MHz band instead of 19 meters

I guess it has to do with what you've gotten used to.

See, I grew up listening to SW stations on ghettoblaster (jam box)
radio/cassette units. So I got used to spinning the regular knob until
you reach the desired wave band, then diddling the fine-tuning knob to
zero in on the frequency.

And that's how I think. Meter band and then that particular frequency
within that band.

That is a good way to think. Paying attention to wavelengths helps make
antenna and transmission line concepts more understandable when dealing
with real world three dimensional objects. Frequency is more convenient
to use in circuit analysis.

--
Telamon
Ventura, California