Old May 17th 06, 02:16 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Mike Coslo

Default FIGHT? Here is another W8JI myth bone!

Roy Lewallen wrote:

If you'll read what Tom has posted, or a description in any good text,
you'll find that the whole circumference of a "shielded" loop radiates.
The field comes from current on the outside of the "shield", not from
some field penetrating the shield. That's my theory. It's the same as
Tom's, and that of every respected author I've read.

Game, Set, and Match, Roy. The explanation and the everyday application
of the concept of non-ferrous shielding are both simple and elegant.

Seems like the thread stopper to me! I suspect it will continue
anyhow.... 8^)

- 73 de Mike KB3EIA -