Old May 17th 06, 04:51 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Yuri Blanarovich

Default FIGHT? Here is another W8JI myth bone!

"Mike Coslo" wrote in message
Roy Lewallen wrote:

If you'll read what Tom has posted, or a description in any good text,
you'll find that the whole circumference of a "shielded" loop radiates.
The field comes from current on the outside of the "shield", not from
some field penetrating the shield. That's my theory. It's the same as
Tom's, and that of every respected author I've read.

Game, Set, and Match, Roy. The explanation and the everyday application of
the concept of non-ferrous shielding are both simple and elegant.

Seems like the thread stopper to me! I suspect it will continue anyhow....
8^)

- 73 de Mike KB3EIA -

Before you pronounce your verdict, why don't youze guyze build the shielded
loop antenna as I described and test it. Try version without shield, see
what IS antenna, and try the same antenna with shielded loop. Then run
electric drill or another source of arcing or interference in the vicinity
and see if there is shielding effect or not. Then pronounce your verdict and
pontificate on how electrostatic shields suppose to work. Otherwise you look
silly like W8JI cult worshippers.

73 Yuri, K3BU