Old May 17th 06, 06:23 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default Almost an Eton E10 Gloat !

I still have the dilemma, whether I should wipe my radio with a soft
cotton cloth, possibly, eventually wearing off the finish and paint off
the buttons, or can I stand using a radio that has my fingerprints on
it ? Also, if I get a blemish on it, or drop it on the carpeted floor,
can I stand using a defective radio, or should I break out one of my
backup radios ? If I use a backup radio, then I have only one,
"new-in-the-box", knowing that the radio has been discontinued. But if
I continue using the defective radio, I can always look at the two,
"new-in-the-box", with the security that I have two backups. I don't
know which is worse, using a defective radio, or only having only one,
"new-in-the-box". But if I have only one, then I could consider
getting two, or three, new E10s off Ebay, and throw my remaining,
"new-in-the-box", RS radio away. But if I get the E10s, and a better
radio comes along on a really good sale, would I face the same dilemma
again, as my RS radio ? But then again, what happens if someone has
opened up the E10 boxes and touched the radios ? Would they still be
considered, "new-in-the-box" ?