Old May 17th 06, 09:08 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
dxAce

Default Almost an Eton E10 Gloat !

wrote:

There's also the case of the new electonics smell, that we all cherish,
when we open up a radio, for the first time.
That may be the deciding factor, whether a radio is new,
"new-in-the-box", or old, "new-in-the-box", In the case of the lucky
gentleman that has a DX-440, "new-in-the-box", if the box is not
sealed in plastic, and has lost its new electronics smell, we could
still say it's, "new-in-the-box". My RS radios' boxes were not sealed
in plastic, but appeared untouched by human hands, so I can say
cautiously that they are, "new-in-the-box". The RS sleazy salesman said
that he had an Eton E10 sealed in a plastic box, which I would have
kept as backup, but I was unable to find another one sealed in a
plastic box, so it may have been touched by someone else, and thus
would have not been, "new-in-the-box". If I had a new radio unsealed
in a plastic box, then I would hesitate in opening the box to look at
the radio, because it would lose some of its smell and be less,
"new-in-the-box" How does one deal with such dilemmas ?

You all still didn't give me any solutions to these dilemmas.

Have you contemplated suicide?

dxAce
Michigan
USA