Old May 18th 06, 04:48 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Yuri Blanarovich

Default RoomCap Antenna

"Buck" wrote in message
On Wed, 17 May 2006 12:36:28 -0400, "Yuri Blanarovich"
wrote:

Hams are (or were) known to be honest, gentlemen and willing to share
their
ideas with others for advancement of our art. Looks like lately we have
influx of "magicians" claiming to outperform real antennas with some
miniatures. So far no winners!

Good Luck.

Do you remember the antenna that came out in the middle to late 70's?
It was a dipole antenna with a specially designed cobra-head that
tuned it to any HF frequency. The SWR was virtually flat across all
bands from 160 meters to 10 meters regardless of the length of wire.
No tuner needed! Several companies bought one and tried to
disassemble them. The result was always a mess of broken parts.
x-rays were fooled by the number of parts, but someone was successful
in taking one apart and yet leaving the actual connected parts of the
antenna together. It turns out the antenna was nothing but a 50 ohm
resister surrounded by many useless, broken parts frozen in the epoxy
used to seal and hide the true design of the antenna.

I wonder if that genius is still alive and well?
73 for now
Buck
N4PGW

Yea, it was and believe still is MAXCOM magik flat antenna :-)
You can fool some people.....

Yuri