Old November 23rd 04, 01:51 AM
Peter Dougherty

Steven R. Adell - KF2TI said :

Of this I was not aware. SO if I take a VEC exam in Germany, do I
receive a US issued license with a US assigned callsign

Yes

OR do I receive a US issued license and
callsign then apply for a reciprical German license?

If you're a citizen of the United States living in Germany you must
get your US license, then you can operate with a CEPT permit in DL
land. If you're a German citizen you are most likely required to get a
German license, but you're welcome to write the tests for and get a
US callsign if you want, for use when you travel to the United States.

How do the Japanese, taking VEC exams on Guam, having no vaild US ID or
US address, end up with Guam callsigns?

Likely they use a US Mailing address of a friend or business
associate, etc. A US-issued photo-ID isn't necessary (their
home-country passport should be enough).

73 de Peter, W2IRT
(ex-AB2NZ, VE3THX)

Please reply to Double-you Two Eye Are Tee at Arrl.net