Old May 18th 06, 12:44 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Buck

Default RoomCap Antenna

On Wed, 17 May 2006 23:48:26 -0400, "Yuri Blanarovich"
wrote:

Yea, it was and believe still is MAXCOM magik flat antenna :-)
You can fool some people.....

Yuri

It looks like he is now selling it as an antenna tuner.

Not accounting for his marketing technique, his idea wasn't all bad.
I found a 100 ohm, 300 watt resistor when I worked for George at
Disc-Cap electronics, a surplus sales company. It was heavy, but I
wired it across the two legs of an 80 meter dipole and got less than
1.5:1 anywhere I tuned the transmitter. It was lossy compared to a
resonant antenna, but it worked ok. I would love to have one again.
In an emergency, you can't get the wrong length of antenna wire, even
no wire gave a good match and would probably radiate 100 watts at
least as well as some QRP stations . Of course one needs to HEAR the
station they are talking with sometimes....

I would love to compare the results of using that with the t2fd.

--
73 for now
Buck