Old November 23rd 04, 11:40 PM
Dee D. Flint

wrote in message
.. .
On Tue, 23 Nov 2004 09:01:42 +0000, Walt Davidson
wrote:

It would solve a lot of the problems if KH2's had to trade in their
callsigns in exchange for a W4 when they went to live in Florida!
:-))))

73 de G3NYY

Used to be if I lived in Maryland, and I moved to Florida, I had to
give up my 3 call for a new 4 call that the FCC computer spit out for
me.

Used to be that if you lived in the 4th call district, you couldn't
get a vanity call with any number but 4 in it, but now you can.

We don't do that anymore. Paperwork reduction act, Walter.
No more W4 extra calls left. The guys in California got them all :-)

The 4 land Extra calls other than the 2x2 beginning with A disappeared 10
years ago. That's before the vanity system even went into effect. So you
can't blame California! ( Yes I saw the :-) )

Dee D. Flint, N8UZE